Often the simple is the best, isn’t that right?
If you are a beginner to cake decorating, you might just want a few simple ways to get started, and that is exactly what I Found a this website claled Tasteofhome.
The have some great, yet simple ideas how to decorate with just simple tools and ordinary icing.
Easy Cake Decorating
Did you know that with only a spoon, a fork or a knife you can make amazing patterns and make your cake look absolutely stunning! To many times we beleive that we have to invest in a lot of special caked decorating supplies in order to make a nice cake, but for these kind of decorations, you do not need that at all. It is perfectly fine to start simple with things you already have in your drawers at home!
Tips for How to Decorate a Cake
- Decorating a cake with a flat top is best. When the oven temperature is too high, cakes develop rounded tops. Use an oven thermometer to check the temperature of your oven.
- To flatten a cake with a small crown, put a plate on top of it immediately after you take it from the oven. Push the plate down gently.
- Line your pan with parchment paper to ensure that the cake will come out of the pan easily.
- To apply nuts or coconut to the sides of a cake, hold the cake over a pan and gently pat the nuts, etc. onto the sides with your hand.
- To keep the cake stand clean while frosting, line the edge with 3-inch strips of waxed paper. Center the first cake layer over the strips. When finished frosting, carefully remove the strips one piece at a time.
- Before writing on a cake with icing, gently outline the words with a toothpick.
Here is where this article were earlier produced and here you will also find more information: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/how-to-cook/how-to-decorate-a-cake